One of the World’s Top Travel Destinations
Located high up in the Himalayan mountains, little is still known of Bhutan, the Land of the Thunder Dragon. While this mystical kingdom has been voted one of the world’s top travel destinations, very few people have actually traveled there.
Today when almost all parts of the world have seen a surge in tourist numbers, Bhutan has continued to follow a policy of regulated tourism of “High Value, Low Impact” in order to safeguard the country’s natural environment, rich cultural heritage and unique way of life of its people. This has made Bhutan one of the least travelled countries of the world.
Visit Bhutan:- for a Journey of a Lifetime
Bhutan is truly a country unlike any other. Here are some reasons that you should consider visiting this enchanting destination:
- It is a country with unparalleled scenic beauty and pristine natural environment, with 72% of country under forest cover. It is also the world’s first carbon negative country.
- With an incredible diversity in flora and fauna – it is one of the 10 biodiversity hot spots in the world with exotic species of birds and endangered animals like the black-necked cranes, the blue sheep, the golden langur, the takin and the Royal Bengal tiger.
- It is a country that has treasured the past while looking forward into the future. It has a unique distinctive culture and rich elaborate traditions which are not only beautiful to witness but quite unlike any others in the world. One will have the opportunity to visit the spectacular Dzongs (fortresses) and temples, witness the sacred and colorful religious dance festivals and meet with the friendly Bhutanese people.
- As the last bastion of Mahayana Buddhism, it is a country where spiritualism is a part of the daily lives of the people. Prayer flags fluttering in the wind, chortens (stupas), monasteries and twirling prayer wheels are a very common sight. Spirituality permeates all strands of secular life and this has brought about a reverence for the land and its well-being.
- It is a place where Gross National Happiness is the philosophy seeking to ensure that the happiness of the people is the ultimate goal of all development initiatives.