Bhutan and the Republic of Korea will celebrate 30 years of diplomatic relations in 2017 after starting formal diplomatic relations on 24th September 1987.
To mark this important year, the Royal Government of Bhutan is pleased to present “Bhutan-Korea Friendship Offer” to the Republic of Korea nationals as part of the celebrations.
The friendship offer is for Korean nationals for the month of June, July and August 2017.
The offer includes the following:
1. Visitors can choose not to pay the mandatory minimum daily package rate of USD 200 per person per night. Instead, the government will only levy the daily royalty of USD 65 per person per night.
2. Druk Air and Bhutan Airlines will offer 30% discounts on airfare.
3. Hotels will offer discounts up to 50%.
4. Special airport reception on arrival for the 1st group by the Korean Ambassador to Bhutan.
5. Flexibility of choice in services.
6. Visitors don’t have to pay surcharge applicable for one or two persons.
Terms and Conditions:
1. All visitors will be required to book their trip to Bhutan through a licensed Bhutanese tour operator.
2. The offer is valid from 1 June to 31 August 2017.
3. The offer is for Korean nationals only.
HIGHLIGHTS OF BHUTAN THIS SUMMER
HAA SUMMER FESTIVAL
Date: 5-6 July 2017
Location: Haa Dzongkhag
The Haa summer festival is a lively and uplifting celebration of traditional living-culture, nomadic lifestyles, unique Bhutanese cuisine, traditional sports and religious performances. It provides unparalled insight into the lives and traditions of Bhutan’s normadic herders. Visitors can also experience the night at one of the many village homestays and enjoy the hospitality of the local people of Haa.
MASUTAKE MUSHROOM FESTIVAL
Date: 15-16 August 2017
Locations: Genekha, Thimphu
During the festival, the native mushroom and other local product, cultural programs by the school and local community will be showcased. The objective of the festival is to create awareness on the sustainable harvesting of the local mushroom and to enjoy the organic natural flavors these delicacies.
CULTURAL PROGRAMS & TREKKING
The summer months in Bhutan are breathtaking beautiful. The lush green valleys are teeming with energy and life and there is a surreal feeling to be so high in the mountains, amidst the clouds between the earth and the sky.
Cultural tour programs and trekking can be organized, based on your interest, so that you can see essence of the Bhutanese culture and tradition, immerse yourself in nature, rejuvenate your body and soul and see Bhutan at its green best.
For more information on travelling to Bhutan please visit: http://www.lhayul.com/contact/index.php