Druk Yul Tour is a journey takes you to the capital city Thimphu, Paro, Punakha and the beautiful valley of Gangtey, the winter home of the black necked crane. This is an amazing journey with adequate duration to settle and experience Bhutan. The journey is not too long nor short, but ideal amongst other program and generally preferred by our guest.
Druk Yul Tour (8 days)
The flight into Bhutan will give you a spectacular view of the Himalayan mountain ranges. On a clear day you may be able to see Mount Everest, the tallest mountain in the world.
Your tour representative will receive you upon arrival. The drive from Paro to Thimphu (capital city) will take you through beautiful rice terraced fields, and alongside the gushing Pho Chu and Wang Chu rivers.
Afternoon visit Kuenselphodrang where a 168 feet statue of Lord Buddha is being built and overlooks the Thimphu valley. Evening visit the Memorial Chorten built in memory of the third King of Bhutan.
DAY 02 THIMPHU
Morning visit the weekend vegetable market where people come from various places to buy & sell their goods. Visit the Folk Heritage Museum and the Institute of Zorig Chusum ( 13 traditional crafts).
Afternoon visit the town and Crafts bazaar where different types of handicrafts are sold. Evening visit Zelukha Nunnery & Tashichho Dzong which houses the King’s Throne Room, monastic body & Government offices.
DAY 03 THIMPHU - PUNAKHA
After breakfast drive to Punakha over Dochula Pass (2.5 hours). On a clear day, one can get a panoramic view of the Himalayan mountain ranges and also see the Gasa Dzong at a distance. One can also visit the Druk Wangyel Chortens (108 stupas) on the Pass.
Punakha is the old capital of Bhutan. After lunch visit Punakha Dzong, built at the junction of the two rivers Pho Chu (male river) and Mo Chu (female river). It is one of the most spectacular dzongs in the country. The Dzong serves as the winter residence for the Je Khenpo, Chief Abbot & the Central Monastic Body.
DAY 04 PUNAKHA – PHOBJIKHA
Drive to Phobjikha valley in Wangdue Dzongkhag. The valley is the home of the Black Necked Cranes, an endangered species. In winter they fly south from Central Asia to Bhutan and make Phobjekha their winter home. One can see their roosting place in the marshy land.
Evening at leisure.
DAY 05 PHOBJIKHA - PARO
Morning explore the beautiful valley of Phobjikha. Afternoon drive to Paro. If you reach early, you can visit Kichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest temples in the country built in the 7th century AD.
DAY 06 PARO
After breakfast drive to Drugyel Dzong, 18 kilometers away from Paro town. The Dzong, now in ruins, is a place of historical importance, from whose ramparts the Bhutanese once repelled Tibetan invaders. On a clear day one can view the sacred Mount Chhomolari, Mountain of Goddess (24,000 ft).
After lunch visit Ta Dzong, the National Museum housed in an ancient watchtower, which has a fine collection of ancient Thangka paintings, textiles, weapons and artifacts. Visit also Paro Rimpung Dzong as well as a traditional wooden cantilever bridge. Evening visit Paro town.
DAY 07 PARO DAY EXCURSION TO TAKTSHANG
After breakfast drive to Ramthongkha. Hike uphill for about 2-3 hours to Taktsang Monastery (Tiger's Nest). This magical monastery clings to a vertical granite cliff 3,000 ft above the valley floor. It is a sacred monastery for the Bhutanese people who believe that it must be visited at least once in their life time. Evening experience a unique hot stone bath which will relieve all aches & pains followed by typical Bhutanese dinner in an old traditional Bhutanese house.
DAY 08 PARO - DEPARTURE
Early morning drive to Paro for departure. Your tour representative will see you off at the airport.
Hotel Puntshopelri in Thimphu
Hotel Meriphunsum in Punakha
$1400 (low season)
$1750 (high season)
Best Price Guarantee
- Above cost is per person cost based on 3 Pax
- Surcharge for 1 pax is USD 40 per person per night
- Surcharge for 2 pax is USD 30 per person per night
- Low season are months of December, January, February, June, July, August
- High season are months of March, April, May, September, October, November
- For overlap of months, please write to us and we will send you the pricing
- Welcome by our local staff at Airport
- 100% Private guided tour
- Daily 3 meals (B/L/D) at designated restaurants or hotels
- Accommodation at 3 star hotel
- A qualified & licensed English-speaking guide
- An experienced driver
- Luxury SUV vehicle
- Entry fees & road permits etc
- Government fee, Royalty of US$ 65 per day, taxes & surcharges
- Mineral bottled water
- Full service & assistance before, during and after your Bhutan trip
- Visa for Bhutan US$ 40
- Airfare to and from Bhutan
- Travel/ medical insurance
- Use of bar and beverage in the hotels
- Tips and gratuity (optional) to local staffs
- All personal gears, personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, shopping etc.
- Any additional charges beyond mention itinerary /any alteration by self-interest.
- Bank Transfer Charge US$ 50 per transaction
- Discovery Bhutanese cultural: Visit to major dzongs (fortress) & Monasteries in Thimphu, Paro & Punakha
- Explore the beauty of nature: Short hiking in the Himalayan Kingdom.