The Dragon Kingdom Tour offers a glimpse of the two major cities of Bhutan, Paro and Thimphu. With Paro being the gateway to Bhutan, and with the Tigers Nest being located there, you will have the privilege to walk up to the Tigers Nest and get blessed.
Dragon Kingdom Tour (5 days)
The flight into Bhutan will give you a spectacular view of the Himalayan mountain ranges. On a clear day you may be able to see Mount Everest, the tallest mountain in the world. Your tour representative will receive you upon arrival. The drive from Paro to Thimphu (capital city) will take you through beautiful rice terraced fields, and alongside the gushing Pho Chu and Wang Chu rivers.
Afternoon visit Kuensel Phodrang where a 168 ft statue of Lord Buddha is being built and overlooks the Thimphu valley. Evening visit the Memorial Chorten built in memory of the third King of Bhutan and the Crafts Bazar in town.
DAY 2 THIMPHU
Morning visit the National Library and Folk Heritage Museum. Afternoon visit the National Institute of Zorig Chusum (13 traditional crafts) and Zelukha Nunnery.
Evening visit Tashichho Dzong which houses the Throne Room & important Government offices. The Dzong serves as summer residence for the Central Monk Body.
DAY 3 THIMPHU- PARO
After breakfast drive to Paro. Visit Ta Dzong, an ancient watch tower that now houses the National Museum. The museum has a fine collection of ancient Thangka paintings, textiles, weapons and artifacts. Visit Rimpung Dzong and a traditional wooden cantilever bridge.
Afternoon visit Kichu Lhakhang. This Lhakhang is one of the oldest temples in Bhutan built in the 7th century AD. Visit also Drugyel Dzong, 18 kilometers away from Paro town. The Dzong, now in ruins, is a place of historical importance, from whose ramparts the Bhutanese once repelled Tibetan invaders.On a clear day one can view the sacred Mount Chhomolari, Mountain of Goddess (24,000 ft). Evening at leisure.
DAY 4 PARO DAY EXCURSION TO TAKTSANG MONASTERY
After breakfast drive to Ramthongkha. Hike uphill for about 3 hours to Taktsang Monastery (Tiger's Nest). This magical monastery clings to a vertical granite cliff 3,000 ft above the valley floor. It is a sacred monastery for the Bhutanese people who believe that it must be visited at least once in their life time.
DAY 5 PARO - DEPARTURE
After an early breakfast, drive to the airport. Your tour representative will see you off at the airport.
Hotel Puntshopelri in Thimphu
Hotel Meriphunsum in Punakha
$800 (low season)
$1000 (high season)
Best Price Guarantee
- Above cost is per person cost based on 3 Pax
- Surcharge for 1 pax is USD 40 per person per night
- Surcharge for 2 pax is USD 30 per person per night
- Low season are months of December, January, February, June, July, August
- High season are months of March, April, May, September, October, November
- For overlap of months, please write to us and we will send you the pricing
- Welcome by our local staff at Airport
- 100% Private guided tour
- Daily 3 meals (B/L/D) at designated restaurants or hotels
- Accommodation at 3 star hotel
- A qualified & licensed English-speaking guide
- An experienced driver
- Luxury SUV vehicle
- Entry fees & road permits etc
- Government fee, Royalty of US$ 65 per day, taxes & surcharges
- Mineral bottled water
- Full service & assistance before, during and after your Bhutan trip
- Visa for Bhutan US$ 40
- Airfare to and from Bhutan
- Travel/ medical insurance
- Use of bar and beverage in the hotels
- Tips and gratuity (optional) to local staffs
- All personal gears, personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, shopping etc.
- Any additional charges beyond mention itinerary /any alteration by self-interest.
- Bank Transfer Charge US$ 50 per transaction
- Discovery Bhutanese cultural: Visit to major dzongs (fortress) & Monasteries in Thimphu, Paro & Punakha
- Explore the beauty of nature: Short hiking in the Himalayan Kingdom.
- Experience the beauty of Buddhism: Having Buddhism teaching course from the Buddhist master and blessing ceremony.